Monday, November 2, 2009

Killing Time

This past weekend was rather uneventful. It was my final weekend working for the mortuary, and all in all it was a pretty easy one. I worked until four on Saturday and only had to go in on Sunday for a removal at four in the afternoon for an hour and then again at ten for an hour. It was nice to have to work so little because I always feel bad leaving Andy home alone. He's still getting over the last remnants of H1N1 symptoms. I have been around him a lot but managed to avoid catching it. Two points for my immune system.

Since he wasn't feeling the best, we didn't to a whole lot. Last weekend we picked out some fabric for pajamas, and this weekend I sewed them for him. They turned out pretty nice, but considering I've made about fifteen pair in the last few years, I should have the skill down by now. I made him model them for me.

I also made a test block for my sail quilt. I was pretty pleased with it, so I hope to get to work on the rest of the blocks soon. I'd like to get it done by the end of the month. I'll post pictures when it's complete.

Halloween was rather uneventful. I bought two bags of candy in case anyone came trick or treating to the apartment. No one did, so now I have a lot of candy to eat. If anyone wants some smartees, come over to my place

Silly picture/story time. This photo is from this past summer at the cabin we go to in Cass Lake. My dad as I explained once is a silly guy. One day he decided he'd try out the "hip" way to wear pants by tugging them down on his waist. He then pulled his tighty-whitey underwear up a little more and raised his shirt so we could admire his handy work. He and Andy showed off their pants together. I think it was a good bonding experience for the two of them and a great laugh for everyone who got to watch. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment