Thursday, November 5, 2009

Friends...

This video below is something I came up with on my own. The whole thing is sort of improvised. I had little bits that I've tinkered with and decided to smoosh them all together and record it. I don't have a name or lyrics for it, but I like the sound. The tuning is far from standard (dgddad rather than eadgbe if you understand such things). I discovered it while learning this Nick Drake song. I recorded myself playing that song too, but I'm not thrilled with how it turned out. The playing is really sloppy and the tab not as close to the actual song as I'd like. If I ever get a recording I'm ok with, I'll post it. In the meantime, you get this.



I've always been more of a "a few close friends" type of person rather than worrying about being miss popular. In high school I had a great group of friends. The type of friends that you read about in Stephen King books for those who can understand. I'm the same way still and I try to keep in contact with the friends I had in high school. My senior year, we had a photo shoot of (almost) all of us together. I wish that you could go back and watch parts of your life like in a movie. Just hit the menu button and pick a scene. I think we did some oddball stuff that would be worth watching again. It seems like the farther I get from high school, the less meaningful the relationships I have with people become. It probably has something to do with how temporary my positions have been since then. I hope that I can fill the gap now that I don't have these friends so close and now that I've found a place I want to call home for awhile.

4 comments:

  1. I am the same way, a few close friends kind of chick, it's cool that you have found a place to call "home".

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am officially veklempt... That pic seriously made me get teary-eyed! Haha we really had a good time in high school - people always talk about their high school experience negatively and maybe the SCHOOL part wasnt all that great (*cough* IB testing) but we sure knew how to make an IB History class interesting (ex. drawing diagrams of Combos). Im glad that I will always have the memories of all the fun shit we did together, although having a video to replay those moments would be much more convenient...

    ~Jamie

    ReplyDelete