Friday, November 13, 2009

Sailor + Nature

I finished my sailor quilt on thursday just in time to show it for quilt club. My aunt Tracy let me use her long arm quilting machine again. I did most of the quilting myself, but she helped me on the star outline in the red square (which may be difficult to see in the picture). The middle square is a lighthouse. The blue squares have either lighthouses or sailboats in them as you can see in the picture below. I also took a picture of the back so you could see what the fabric looked like and how the quilting looks on the back. I'm not really sure what I'll do with this quilt. I don't know anyone who is having a baby boy (the quilt is about 50 x 50) at the moment so I don't have anyone to give it to. It will probably just live in my closet until I find someone who could use it. I think the ladies at quilt club think I have no life (which is only half true) since I always seem to have something to show each month during show and tell. They think all I ever do is quilt which is just not true at all. I also guitar (as I think you know) and read.



On a completely new topic, I was looking through some old picture from the cabin two years ago. My friend let borrow his fancy camera. It had a setting that let it take some really awesome night time pictures. I took a whole bunch of pictures looking over Leech Lake. There was a little bench/porch area that I took a few pictures from and another raised bridge area that I took a bunch from. This view is one that I hope I get to continue to see over the years and one I hope I never forget.

1 comment:

  1. Amazing pictures, I hope you have them framed and on display! I've tried to take similar shots of our lake but either my camera or the operator haven't the capabilities.
    I'm sure your quilt club ladies are just incredibly impressed with you and what you are accomplishing as a new quilter! I know I am!

    ReplyDelete