Thursday, November 19, 2009

T Borg! and Plants.

Yesterday I got to hang out with Trista Bear a.k.a. T Borg. We've been friends and practically sisters since high school. (The picture is from a two summers ago because I'm lazy and didn't want to search for a more current one) We haven't been able to see each other in about two months because she is so crazily busy with school and I used to be busy with work. I went to her place and we caught up on what has been happening in our lives. Then we headed over to her Andy's house (said in this fashion because I also have an Andy that I claim, and so does Emily). We played boggle, then watched "Up." The movie was silly and entertaining. I'd recommend it to anyone who likes the typical pixar flick. We also swapped plants. I gave her an aloe plant (which I hope survives) and she gave me a piece of her Wandering Jew plant, which she's name Murray Lebowitz in honor of his heritage. I decided that my plant needed a good Jewish name as well. I decided to go with Anne Frank since I'm pretty sure mine is a girl plant.

I have a nice little collection of plants for my apartment, but two of them really aren't looking too well. Andy gave me a calla lilly for Valentine's Day last year (I named her Gwen) and while she hasn't died, she sure seems like she's leaning in that direction. I re-potted her in hopes that she would be able to revive, but so far my efforts have not been rewarded. My other plan is an Aloe plant (which I have yet to name) that Annette gave me when I first moved to Mankato. It got really large so I decided to break it up. In the process, the largest "mother" plant died. Now I just have a little bit left that I'm hoping pulls through. At the moment, Anne Frank is looking the best of all my plants.

Tomorrow I'm off to visit Daniel in his neck of the woods (Apple Valley) before heading to my Andy's house. We're going out for drinks with some of his co-workers which should be entertaining. I think the weather will be nice this weekend so I'm hoping to have take advantage of it.

1 comment:

  1. I really hope Anne Frank survives! Murray sends his best wishes.
    I'm really really glad we got to hang out again finally. I'm planning on sticking around for a week or so after finals are over (Dec. 12th-20thish) so we'll have to get some quality hangout time in there since I'll have loads of free time. :D :D :D

    ReplyDelete