Thursday, November 26, 2009

Kerstin and Dan - the post date is actualy 11-30-09 on this.

Last week I went down to Fairmont to visit my family. Kerstin was home while I was down so I got to spend some time with her. I don't get to see her nearly as much as I would like so I was quite pleased. I even remembered to take a picture. This one is much more current than the photo of Trista and me.

We had a nice time together catching up on what's been going on in our lives, playing cards with my dad, and having ridiculous singing/piano time. I had a sore throat that became a mutilated from shouting x-mas lyrics throat. I learned my lesson not to sing loudly and obnoxiously when I'm already sick.


Early last week I went up to Apple Valley to visit Daniel. I hadn't been up in his neck of the woods in quite awhile. We took advantage of the nice weather by visiting the archery range. He has a bow that he enjoys shooting and sometimes he lets me play too. While we were there, I saw a man who thought his back pants pocket was an acceptable place to keep his arrows. I thought it was pretty silly so I took a picture of him. It's a secret though--I didn't get his permission. ;)














In my last post I talked about my house plants. I was recently given a new plant. Catherine gave me one when I moved in to my old place. It thrived quite well, but didn't take well to the move to the new place. I named her Mrs. Nezbit and was quite sad when she died. Catherine replaced her for me. The new plant is named Lurlene. I decided she should inherit the last name so it's Lurlene Nezbit. The first plant on the left in the photo is Gwen. She has recently started growing new sprouts to replace her sad, tipped over parts. I'm quite please and hope she flowers again soon. The second plant is Anne Frank. She seems to be doing well with her move to my apartment. The third plan in is the aloe plant which I've decided to name Peter. And finally on the end is Lurlene Nezbit. I haven't been home since last Thursday morning so I hope they aren't all dying of thirst. I watered them right before I left and will water them as soon as I get home. I'm most concerned for Gwen right now because she seems to be the most fussy about getting fed on time.

2 comments:

  1. Good times. I wonder if Mankato has any ranges where we can go next time I come visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad Anne Frank is surviving. If she's anything like Murray, she'll be almost impossible to kill.

    ReplyDelete