Thursday, December 3, 2009

leo k

be prepared. my shift key isn't working properly-- Last Saturday i got to see Leo Kottke play in minneapolis. Andy and his mom have a tradition of going to see him. I was invited to go along this year and was really happy to hear him. He played a lot of different things. i really enjoyed this song: click me!. It's not his originally and i liked how he played it that night better, but he had 26 years more experience from when this clip was recorded. i think it's awesome because he's clearly having a blast playing, and it was obvious during hte concert that he was doing something he absolutely loves to do. I also really like this piece: click me too! He didn't play it that night, and i don't know if it's an original piece but i really enjoy the sound. the band that opened for leo was called devotchka. they did the soundtrack for little miss sunshine. there were only actually two members of the band there to perform. they had a few songs that i enjoyed and some that basically sucked. it was kind of cool because one of the guys played the accordion, violin, and this 1.5' x 1' harpsichord deal. it was pretty silly to watch him play it because he would sit on the floor since it wasn't on a table.

Overall, it was pretty awesome time. I hope I get to take part of the tradition again in the future.

1 comment: