Thursday, December 10, 2009

stupid december

so far december has been vaguely eventful. andy moved in on the 5th, i started training for jackson hewitt, and i've been trying to find ways to fabricate xmas gifts with limits funds. (the picture is at my dad's house after he put up all his xmas lights).

living with andy has been about what i expected: pretty damn neat. it's been a whole week now and as of yet i haven't wanted to kill him. if we can keep this up for 60 more years, we'll be all set.

as far as the training goes, i'm learning how to do taxes in a non-sucky fashion. I'll be working through the tax season at the jackson hewitt office, which is conveniently located near my house, preparing taxes. so if you pay someone to do your taxes anyway, come to jh and let me do them.


i am basically done with my xmas shopping. i've got two things left that i plan on making, but all the purchasing is done. i think i was able to be pretty thrifty--basically everything was on sale, from ebay, or home-made.

for quilt club this month, we had a gift exchange. we were supposed to make a candle mat or penny quilt (basically just a small quilt from what i've gathered) and wrap it up. then all the gifts were set on a table and you picked one from the pile. after you opened it, you got in line to hold it up for people to see and say who it was from. the lady that got mine didn't seem like she was too thrilled with it :( but i was pretty pleased with it. the back is just the solid maroon color and the top quilting was just a straight stitch in the seams. the one i got was pretty neat. it was from julie freyburg (?). a lot of people made their mats xmas oriented, but i thought i'd make one more usable for the whole year. the one i got lives on my coffee table and serves as one of the two pieces of xmas spirit that adorns my apartment. the other things is a colored picture of a reindeer on my fridge.

my shift button has only seemed to get more broken, so i'm not worrying about capitalizing things....

3 comments:

  1. It sounds like the month of december has been much more than vaugely eventful. I mean with the MAN moving in and all. You should probably pat his cute little bottom. Twice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome, glad you got a job! Too bad my husband is an accountant, or I would use your services for sure:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I woulda been thrilled with your tablemat...good job! I'm glad to hear you are employed again!

    ReplyDelete