Monday, December 14, 2009

Tunes and Runners

I haven't posted a video in a really long time. This is mostly because I haven't recorded anything in a really long time. I haven't been playing a whole lot lately, nor have I learned anything new. This is a piece that I wrote two years ago. I never wrote down tabs and hadn't played it in a long time, so I'm a little rusty and unsure. I only remembered how to play one part of it twenty minutes before I recorded. I mess up a fair amount, but at least one of the times that I mess up, it's because the camera made weird noises so i though it wasn't recording. (It's the point at about 1:45 when I lean forward and stop for a second). Anywho, I think I titled it "the unseen." Don't expect to be blown out of the water....



I made another table runner for my brother's girlfriend for xmas. I think it turned out really neat and I kind of want to keep it for myself. shh...don't tell. I did the top quilting on my machine. It's only the second time I've done it. I like how it turned out pretty well, but I still need a fair amount of practice. This was officially the last gift I had on my list for xmas, so I guess I'm done unless I decided to do something for someone else.

I want to make another table runner for myself. the one I have in the kitchen was really poorly made and I don't have one for my coffee table. I guess that's on my to do list now.

2 comments:

  1. Nice tunes but I wish there was a face to go with the music :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Remember when I tried to make pot holders for my grandma's for christmas and you ended up coming over and finishing them/ doing almost all the sewing. It was hilarious comparing my lovely work to yours, but they never commented on the sudden improvement.

    -kerstin

    ReplyDelete