Thursday, October 22, 2009

A time for work, a time for play.

I recently took the final step in an important decision I have been thinking about for a long time. I turned in my resignation at Mankato Mortuary. This is probably one of the best and worst decisions I've ever made. It is stupid to be getting out before I get my license. It is stupid to be getting out in this economy. It is stupid to be getting out without another job already lined up. It is stupid to be getting out without more money in savings. It is good to get out for my sanity. It is good to get out for my physical and mental well-being. It is good to get out becasue the longer I wait, the harder it will be. It is good because it is right for me.

This decision was very hard. And I'm still not comfortble with it. I worry for myself a lot, but I know this is what I have to do because I will never be happy as a funeral director. Never. I will miss some coworkers and hope that they will want to stay in touch. Others will go unmissed, and I'm sure they are fine with that.

There is probably a lot more that I could say, but I don't think it is necessary. If you know me, you know that this was not an impulsive, spur of the moment deal. You know that I thought it through and found it to be the best thing for me. You know that it is right for me. And if you know anyone who's hiring, let me know. I need a job. Shit. I need a job.

On a different topic. You all failed misserably at suggesting songs for me to learn. Daniel and I recorded a new one. Again, it's not perfect. There are some mistakes, but I'll share it with you anyway. I'm playing the chords and he's playing the melody. It's a little CCR to go out on.

5 comments:

  1. Wow, thats big news. I know you have been thinking long and hard about this, its a big step. You are a smart girl and you will find your way. It is important to be happy with what you are doing with your life! It takes most of us a while to figure out what that is. You'll figure it out, I'm rooting for you! Love-Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm happy for you, I know this has been bothering you for a very long time. You'll find something you like much better. Because you're good enough, you're smart enough, and gal darnit, people like you! -Daniel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicole - I had no idea! I'm so glad you've decided to do what will make you happier! I can't wait to hear what you will be doing next, you're too smart and talented I know you will find something better! OH and I LOVE that you have a motorcycle! We will have to ride together someday :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Work to live; don't live to work...

    If working at the mortuary was sucking too much happiness out of your life then you definitely made the right decision to resign

    ~Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am bummed that it didn't work out for you, but I am happy that you are doing what is right for you, being miserable is not good. I bet a huge weight is lifted off your shoulders now and I am happy for you:)

    ReplyDelete