Sunday, October 25, 2009

Fun in the Park

This weekend Andy and I visited Sibley Park. I'd been through in a car once on a tour a la Joe Owens, but had never been out to wander around. I decided it would be a good weekend adventure, so Andy and I set out around five oclock. We visited a bunch of the animals and came to the conclusion that every animal there will eat leaves. We fed the goats some leaves. Then we fed a pony some leaves. Then we fed some cows leaves (and Andy got his picture taken). We didn't try feeding the llamas becase they didn't get close enough, and we didn't want to get spit on.







There were a million fish in the little pond which was neat. I imagine they'll have to come out soon or else the pond is heated... otherwise I'd be leary of the fish sticks around there.

After playing with the animals, we walked around a little. I didn't know about the little trail or over-look. Andy and I snapped some nice picture from up there. The view was pretty awseome, but would have been even coolor if the fall colors were more like you expect from fall.













My sister (Meg for those who don't know) came up to visit and go shopping on Sunday. After a little round about way of getting to my apartment, we headed to the mall. We had a fun time playing in the stores, but she's more of a shopper than I am. After a couple hours, I ditched her and we got back together when she was done for some supper.

Earlier this week, my dad brought me up a new (used) couch. My old one was annoying. I'm quite pleased with my new one. He also brought up a nice glider. Both of which I got free freom my mom's friend.

Lastly, I want to thank everyone for being so encouraging and supportive of my decision to leave my job. I'm still working on getting something else lined up. I will keep you updated on how things are progesssing. I would also like to scold everyone for not recommending any songs to be learned on the guitar. F. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment