Saturday, October 10, 2009

Oh Hi

I am not new to blogging, but I'm coming back from a long vacation. I decided to start from scratch. My old blog is from an old life. Too much has changed since I used to post for me to want to jump back on to that one. So here is the result. The new and improved blog of Nicole. I make no guarantees about the regularity with which I will post. I'm not confident in my ability to do this consistently, so enjoy it while it lasts.
In honor of Halloween (and since I got one free from my grandma) Andy and I decided to carve a pumpkin. It looks like a twelve-year-old made it, but it was fun and should probably become one of our traditions.










I started quilting last winter. I joined the Deep Valley Quilters a few months ago, and have gotten a lot of crap for it. But I enjoy my silly hobbies, so you can all screw yourselves if you think I'm odd. I've made a few quilts so far. I just finished two that I did all on my own (including the actual quilting part thanks to my aunt Tracy's help). I'm quite pleased with both of them. I haven't finished the binding on one yet, so I haven't taken any pictures. The one in the picture is about 65'' x 55''. Perfect for cuddling up on the couch.


This weekend I bought a bookshelf on mega-sale. Andy helped me put it together. I'm quite pleased with it. It's kind of a cheap piece of crap, but for 15 ducks (yes, ducks not bucks) it was an ok deal. I'm weird, so I also took a picture of that, but I didn't rotate it....so turn your noggins.

If you know me at all, you know I play the guitar a bit. I will never say that I play well. But I can play some. I'm going to attempt to add a video. The actual picture on it is just the couch, but it's Daniel and me playing. He plays the intro rhythm and I play the little solo. Then I play the chords for the main verses while he plays a melody. Then he plays the intro rhythm again while I play the middle solo. Then back to me playing chords while he plays the melody for the second part. There are plenty of mistakes on my part, but for a quick first attempt at recording it, I'm ok with how it turned out.

Tomorrow I'm going with Andy to Redwood Falls to buy a motorcycle. It's for ME! I'm pretty excited about it, but it kind of sucks because I won't be able to really ride much until next spring. My skills leave much to be desired, but you've got to start somewhere right? I'll try to post a picture of it once I get it. It will live in Andy's Dad's garage for the winter so it stays nice and warm. I plan on giving it a name once I meet and get to know it.

I think if I write anymore tonight, everyone will get bored and won't read. So I'll stop here. Hopefully I can continue to think of potentially interesting things to write about in the upcoming days, weeks, and months. Oh, and p.s. it takes a million years for videos to upload on here, but I might still post some in the future if I take any that are worth sharing. OK bye.

4 comments:

  1. Sweetness, I am glad you decided to blog again, I must have inspired you:)

    Will you give me a ride on the cycle?

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...you might want to wait for a ride until i'm actually comfortable enough to ride with just myself on the bike.... but maybe if you're lucky I will.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, that song turned out pretty snazzy!
    I 'liek' it!

    I had to sign up for live journal just to post this. I hope it works.

    Update me when your peerple bike gets a name. Might I suggest Zavier?

    -Daniel

    ReplyDelete
  4. It worked. I think we should record a couple more together.

    Still no name for the bike. I think I need to ride it once first.

    ReplyDelete