Monday, October 12, 2009

Snow and Bikes and Such


Last time I posted, I had a picture of the pumpkin Andy and I carved. This is a picture of what he now looks like: cold and snowy. It's only October 12th. Where in the crap does mother nature get off letting this happen? I think it's time for the old broad to retire. I could take over for her and show her how it's done. It's extra annoying for me because I don't have either of my winter coats at the moment, so every time I go outside I freeze my butt off.


On Sunday I went to go pick up my new (except it's actually older than I am) motorcycle. Yes, I am aware that it is purple, and that does not thrill me. However, it was too good a deal to let the color break it. It's an '83 Honda Magna 750. I got it for $650. It's blue booked at $1475 so I got an amazing deal. The bike was in Redwood Falls. It was about a 90 minute drive. Then another 90 minute drive to the cities to drop it off. This was worse for Andy since he was riding the bike in 35 degree weather. He had several layers (including snow pants and a ski mask) but still froze his butt off just for me. Then after a quick bite to eat, another 75 minutes of driving back the Mankato. This basically ate up my entire Sunday, but it was worth it.













I have been thinking about what I should do for my next quilting project. I am not really sure what I'll do, but I was thinking about doing a sailor themed one and have some fabric ready for it, though I do need more for the idea I had. This picture is the first large quilt that I made. It was for my bed which was a twin at the time. Now I just use it as a throw for a chair in my living room because I got a new queen-sized bed a few months ago, so it's too small. I have a new queen size quilt that I'll post pictures of as soon as I finish it. I'm hoping to do so by the end of the week, but I need to go out a buy a little more fabric for the binding, so it might take longer than it should.

6 comments:

  1. I LOOOOOOVVVVEEEE the purple, keep it freak, no painting it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...i'm going to go ahead and paint it.... but maybe you can get a ride before i change the color so everyone can see you on the cool, purple bike.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What color are you going to paint it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. i would like to make a comment about the potentially "sailor-themed" quilt... will it feature a large bearded man holding a lollipop?

    ~Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  5. No, but if it did, his beard would be red. and his face chubby.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh, p.s. emily, i will paint it solid black, like all the cool kids.

    ReplyDelete