Thursday, October 15, 2009

A Little of This and a Litlte of That

I listened to a bunch of Jack Johnson music last night. He's got a feel to him that I can really get into when I'm just chilling out. I decided to pick up my guitar and try to learn a song or two. I learned the basic chord progression for Losing Keys (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWcqqBC9aVA), but didn't like how it sounded when I recorded it, so you don't get to hear it. I then recorded "Go On" and attempted to put it on here. Unfortunately this blog won't let me post videos that are over 100mb. I was very disappointed even though it really wasn't that impressive.

I've realized that my guitar skills have kind of gone down hill lately. It's sad, but expected since I've been playing less. Throw out suggestions for songs that you think I should try to learn. Maybe it will give me motivation to play more/get better. Keep in mind that I'm not all that skilled. If you're really lucky, I'll post a video of ones I learned based on your suggestions (that result in files small enough to post). AND i'll give you a pat on the noggin for the suggestions (assuming they are realistic and non-sucky). ;)

I found this picture of a quilt I made last winter. My aunt who quilts a ton was happy that I was starting to learn so she gave me a kit for a baby blanket. It's a small quilt so it didn't take too long to finish. I used Emily's machine to do it, so thanks Em. I figure I can give it to someone who's having a baby, but don't know when that will be happening, so for now it's tucked away in a closet. You'd think that for as much as I seem to sew, I'd have my own machine, but no such luck. It's on my "to-buy" list though.

I was flipping through some old pictures and decided that I will occasionally add an old one with a little story. This picture is from a couple years ago. I was hanging out with Daniel, and we decided to have a timeless classic for supper: grilled cheese. After munching on my sandwich, I set it down to have a drink and low and behold, I found a puppy in my sandwich. I enjoyed my find so much that I thought I should commemorate it with a photo. For those of you who are too unimaginative to see it, the head is on the right (facing the tator tots) the little nub of the tail is on the left. He's in mid-leap, frollicing in the flowers.

On a final note, I made some cookies tonight. I made more than I will eat, so I went to put them in some sort of container. I found a cookie jar that I acquired (stole) from the last place that I lived. I tossed them in there and set them on the counter in my kitchen. It made me feel like quite the little homemaker. Silly how such small things can seems so significant, yes?

1 comment:

  1. I keep getting baby stuff in the mail because of you working at Maternity Mom so you can add two containers of formula to the blanket you're giving away...

    ReplyDelete