Saturday, May 29, 2010

bikes and plants and bikes and plants

I thought maybe I should do an update on my garden since it's getting to the point where it seems like they'll either make it or break it. Wally the tomato plant is looking pretty good and even has a couple blossoms on him already. My mom says I can look forward to some tomatoes within a month! I'm very pleased. It seemed like Claire and Emmit were not going to even be born. It took a couple weeks for them to even start to sprout, but I think it was just because it got so cold and rained so much. They are now doing very well. I'm hoping that they have lots of babies for me to eat.
Andy wants to make some pickles so hopefully we get enough to do that

It was ridiculously hot most of last week. Andy and I basically just laid around in the air conditioning because we've both been feeling sick. Our friend the squirrel was even too hot to do anything besides recline on the deck.

Today I took on a rather large endeavour for me. I decided to make a trip all by myself to Fairmont on my motorcycle. I planned on taking back roads so there would be less traffic. It was probably not the best idea to go since I haven't been feeling well, but I needed something to fill the day since Andy went to the cities and I didn't want to hang out with anyone and get them sick. I left around 9:45 and got to fairmont around 10:15. The ride seemed horrible. It was pretty windy and the roads i took were very bumpy. I didn't feel well at all , but hoped I'd get better since I usually feel the best by afternoon. It wasn't the case today. I got a hair cut and hung out at my dad's for awhile. Then I stopped in to visit my mom for a little bit after trying to have lunch with my dad ( I wasn't feeling well enough to eat) and then basically just headed back home. I left town a little before 3. The ride home was a lot more bearable. I took some different roads and had the wind at my back for a lot of the drive. I still had to take some of the bumpy roads, but overall, it was a lot more enjoyable. I was glad to get some practice driving on city streets that are a little less busy than Mankato too.

The day could have been a lot better, but it was nice to get out and know that I can ride ok on my own.

2 comments:

  1. Hope you're feeling better. I love that picture of the squirrel. It's a good pose for sweltering in the heat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should keep the people updated, you have neglected to tell us all that Wally the tomato plant passed away recently. Talk to you later.

    ReplyDelete