Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Plants and Plants and Plants

In light of the nice weather, I've begun a "garden." I don't have any actual space to plant so I've improvised. My mom bought me a tomato plant (who I've named Walter....which is also what I named my motorcycle, so the plant goes by Wally) to put on my patio and some cucumber seeds (who are collectively named Claire and Emmit). Theoretically the cucumber plants are close enough to the ground that they can just spill onto the deck as the vines get longer and produce millions of cucumbers. Andy and I plan on making pickles with a recipe that he got from his uncle, who I only know as "pickle uncle." I'm not exactly sure if the deck gets as much sunlight as the plants might prefer, but I'm hoping that things will work out for me.

I've also acquired a few new house plants. I got a wine colored oxalis (clover plant) from a greenhouse in Fairmont. I think she's a really pretty plant and she likes shade which is a bonus for everyone. I've named her Isabel.

A woman at work has a philodendron and she gave me a few pieces of it to bring home. I've been letting it grow roots in a glass of water and just yesterday potted it. I put in the bedroom next to Mary the fish (he's a boy fish and I did not name him). This plant I've just decided will be names (appropriately I think) Phil.


Lastly, another woman at work gave me a salvia plant (not the psychedelic kind). I've decided she will be named Sylvia. I need to go out and buy her a home. I think she will get to live on the deck with Wally, Emmit, and Clair.

1 comment:

  1. Walter is a good name. I hope your plants are thirsty because we've gotten a lot of rain.

    ReplyDelete