Wednesday, June 23, 2010

I realize i suck at blogging consistently. I'll try harder.

Last week I went on vacation to leech lake with my family. It was a pretty nice time. Mostly the vacation consists of fishing and more fishing. This time however, we also visited itasca state park to see the headwaters of the mississippi. We also climbed a 100ft fire tour that let you see a million miles in all directions. it was really neat and slightly scary for people who don't like heights.

I didn't have any spectacular catches, but i caught plenty of pan fish to keep the family fed. I even took a few fish off my own pole with my bare hands (usually i use a towel as a buffer or my dad takes them off for me). I even tried my hand at cleaning my own fish, but I still need a lot of practice....a sharper knife would have helped too.

I'll stop here for now and post some more picture from the trip soon, so I can reach my personal goal of two posts per month. ( a pathetic goal i know, but i'm still having trouble achieving it.)

No comments:

Post a Comment