Saturday, January 2, 2010

Ice and swears.

Again I have a post without any pictures. So instead, listen to this song while you read (I don't know how to make this open in a different tab/window, so you'll have to work that out on your own) Merry Xmas

I went to watch my step brother play hockey tonight. I only stayed for one and a half periods, but I had a good time. I have know him for seven years, during which time he's always been in hockey, but tonight was the first time I ever went to a game. I had more fun than I thought, but decided that I'm not a very good spectator for high school sports because I have a foul mouth. I enjoyed spending time learning about hockey. I don't know much about the sport, but I learned that they play on a rink (not a field or court which is what i called it once :/ ) and I learned what the crease is. I also learned about off-sides, penalties, and that they platy periods instead of quarters.

I spent a lot of my time sayings like "Do something neat" and "I'll give you a skittle if you make a goal" but another portion of my time was spent trying to not to swear at the kids playing. I shouted some mean things at the other team and got dirty looks....but I had a nice time.

I'm none too thrilled with the recent change in weather. My car was very unhappy when I tried to start him today. He likes to get even with me for making him do things when it's cold by frosting over on both the outside AND the inside. I really don't appreciate it much.

I'm all set (theoretically) to start preparing taxes and will work by first real hours this week...even though you can't file your taxes until the fifteenth. I've passed all the tests that I needed to, so now I just have to wait for real customers. I work my first day on wednesday...which is also my bday. Not a huge deal since I don't tend to do much in the way of celebration anyway.

THE END.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday Wednesday! Nothing like starting out right and working on your birthday. I am sure you will be awesome at the tax job, good luck:)

    ReplyDelete