Monday, June 24, 2013

The Cabin

I went on the annual cabin vacation during the first part of the month. I left Mankato on Saturday the 8th and left the cabin mid afternoon on the 14th. It was probably one of the best vacations I've ever been on weather-wise up there. It rained all day on Sunday, but every other day was gorgeous.

The fishing was not amazing. We got the typical outrageous number of pan fish, but nothing impressive for larger fish. I ate probably the most amount of fish I ever have on this vacation. I have been thinking that I might fish a bit morehere and keep what I catch to experiment with recipes.

I went on a few early morning runs while I was up there and enjoyed the amazing scenery. A couple of the resort dogs even went on some of the runs with me. On nearly every run. I saw four or five eagles flying together, a deer, and a fox. It was awesome to see that much wildlife.

It was also nice to spend some extra time bonding with the family. I haven't been down to Fairmont much lately, so this was the most I've seen of them in quite awhile.It actually took a bit of adjusting to to get used to being back in by apartment by myself after nearly a solid week with people always around. Don't worry. I'm used to it again.



No comments:

Post a Comment