Saturday, July 13, 2013

Filling the White Space

Quite a few months ago I decided to rearrange my living room. I ended up liking it a lot better, but it left one wall completely open and bare. Ever since then, I've intended to find something to put up, but I had not been able to think of what to do. Then, a girl at work gave me an idea when she was talking about something she saw on pintrist. I got a wild hair recently and decided to tackle the project. This was the end result.

I think it is kind of fun. But it also might be a but small for the space. Oh well. At least there is something on the wall now. I included a wider shot to show how it looks with the re-arranged room. The colors go well with the rest of the living room.
The pieces are just shoe box lids covered with fabric that I appliqued squared onto.

When I got home from the Leech Lake vacation I was struck by how bare and white my apartment was since none of the walls are painted. That was when I really decided I needed to get in gear and add more color. However I have not done much else to add color. The only other thing I did was repaint the frames of my kitchen chairs. That was something else I had intended to do for a long time and never got around to. I just made them an almond color instead of plain white. It looks good with the re-covered, brown seats, but  it didn't really do much to spice up the color in the room. Oh well. I will just have to keep thinking of little projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment