Saturday, December 8, 2012

The Reindeer Dash

The YWCA has a 5k called the Reindeer Dash each winter. I decided to run in it this year with a couple friends. For the race you are supposed to dress goofy and christmas-y. When Jess was 16 my mom made him a santa suit. I knew we still had it in the attic, so I dug it out and that is what I wore for the race. The pants were about five inches too long, so I had to roll them up and had to keep lifting them throughout the run. The legs were also really wide, so they were kind of awkward to run in. I toughed it out anyway.


A couple friends from work ran the race with me. Two others were going to, but one got sick and the other had family plans that came up. This is a picture of Holly and me. There were a few other people I work with that ran too. It was fun to see them all dressed up. We got our first bit of snow that stuck the night before, so the run was a little slick. I haven't ever run in the snow, but I managed not to fall. The slick street and the santa suit compromised my time, but the whole ordeal was pretty fun none the less. My time was right around 31 minutes. I'm not sure how much I will be running now that there is snow on the ground, but hopefully I can get out enough to keep my endurance up for when I can resume a normal running routine outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment