Thursday, December 27, 2012

Neat Things

For Christmas this year my mom gave me two really cool old blankets. The first one is one my great grandma made. It's made from fabric hexagons that are crocheted around the edges and then crocheted together. I saw one hanging at my aunt's house and thought it was super awesome. When I asked her about it, she told me where she got it and said my mom should have one too. When I went home and asked my mom she pulled hers out of her cedar chest. I think they're are really cool and want to try to make my own. As part of my Christmas present, my aunt gave me some cool wool to use for my blanket. I'll probably start mine once I finish my other hexagon project.

The other blanket she gave me is one her grandma's grandma gave her as a wedding gift. She said she thinks it's about 80 years old which I think is super awesome. The banked it pretty plan, but it does have an applique flower think on it. It's kind of tattered, but it is super heavy and I bet super warm. I don't want to use it because I want it to last, so I left it at Fairmont until I get a house I can display it in, but I did take a couple of photos
The blanket is so old and faded that you can look along the stitching and see the dark indigo-ish color the blanket used to be.

As far as the name that tune from last week, no one even had a guess as to what it was.....So....I guess I'll just tell you. It was White Blank Pages by Mumford and Sons. Here is a link to what the song actually sounds like. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sw-ko6aINI4

No comments:

Post a Comment