Tuesday, March 1, 2011

This past Sunday I went to Mount Kato for my second snowboarding lesson with Catherine. Her 6 year old nephew asked her to go snowboarding with him in Colorado. She's never snowboarded, so she wanted to take a lesson to see if she should even attempt it in Colorado. She asked me to come along. I've always wanted to learn, but have never tried so I was all for it. After our first lesson, we decided that we'd both like to go again. There is still a lot to learn about technique and stuff, but I think I've made decent progress. I had a blast and want to keep going....too bad lift tickets cost a million bucks. I'm not sure how often I'll get out there, but I'm hoping to go at least a few more time before the end of the season.


In the last post I showed a photo of my quilt challenge project. I made a new one that I think is neater. I found out that I could submit both. Here is a photo of the second project. It's an oven mitt. Since the project had to be submitted "in a pot, on a stick" I decided to go with cooking pot instead of flower pot which seems to be what most everyone else thought of first, and then I used the stick as a stirrer.


Andy loves to make hard boiled eggs. Last time he made them, he found a surprise. One of the eggs had two yolks. He was pretty excited because it meant TWIN CHICKENS! So we decided to take a photo. I thought it was pretty neat too, so I decided to share the anomaly. Let's play a game. Guess if the hands in the photo are mine or Andy's.

Last post's name that tune was correctly identified by Richard again. It was "Simple Man" by Lynard Skynard. For this post, I don't feel like looking up details, so I'll just say that it probably came out in the early nineties as part of the whole grunge thing.

Lastly, I would like to apologize for poor picture layout on this stupid blog. The preview function is really not accurate and the result is a stupid layout when I have photos. The end.

3 comments:

  1. I'm goin with Andy's hands. They look like boy hands to me. Oh gosh, I sure I'm right after I said that! Congrats on the twins!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Double yolks aren't all that rare. Some hens lay them somewhat regularly. The egg is usually deformed though so they usually don't get sold in stores.

    Nutshell.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you liked snowboarding. I actually went out this year too, it really is addicting. You should come sometime with me when it's Taylor Corp night, Brent gets a good discount on tickets and rental.

    ReplyDelete