Saturday, March 12, 2011

So Neat.

Andy left on Wednesday to go to the cities to have a belly button hernia operated on. He is staying up there for a few days to rest, so I've been home alone. A friend from work wanted a new purse, so I said I'd make one for her which sparked my sewing side. Since Andy isn't here to be bothered by the noise, I brought my machine out of the dungeon room and into the somewhat warmer kitchen. I made two purses for friends, two pillow covers, a bag, and a coin purse sort of thing. I also bought fabric to make one more purse for myself.

I got the pattern for the bag from my aunt a long time ago, but never got around to making it. Turns out it's ridiculously easy and makes me think I should make more. Too bad it's not closer to X-mas, or I'd be set.

I forgot to take pictures of the two purses I made, but I might obtain them in the future, so if I do I will post them.

Andy will be coming home tomorrow or monday. He's not feeling great, but he is starting to feel a bit better and even got to shower today! He's not supposed to life more than 10 pounds for 6 weeks, so I guess I have to be the man when we get groceries.

I'm running out of songs for name that tune. I had to record this one tonight. This one is by an artist that has already appeared in name that tune, but I just learned the song, so I figured it would work. It came off an album released in 1970. That's about all I've got for hints. Good luck. Richard got the last one right again. It was "Nutshell" by Alice in Chains.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, you're on a sewing rampage. I want to see the coin purse.

    Don't let it bring you down - Neil Young

    ReplyDelete
  2. when are we going to start our band??
    miss all my production ladies :) hope you're doing well!

    -Cate

    ReplyDelete