Sunday, November 28, 2010

Mmm... Turkey

For Thanksgiving Andy and I went to visit his family in the cities. We spent Thanksgiving day with his mom, sister, and grandma. We had a nice turkey dinner with all the goodies that go with it and spent time playing cards, celebrating his mom's birthday (nov. 24) and his sisters birthday (dec 1st). On Friday we did NOT partake in any of the black friday shopping sales. We had a lasagna dinner with his dad and sister. Then on Saturday we went to a fancy pants restaurant in downtown Minneapolis to celebrate his aunt's 60th birthday. It was a lot of fun to meet some of Andy's family that I hadn't met, have fancy (free) drinks and appetizers, and mingle with some silly old people who were there. The four day vacation from work was wonderful. I'm not at all excited to go back.

For this post's name that tune, the song is by another well known band. It came out in 1975, has been covered by at least one band that I know of, and has appeared in a few movies that come to mind. I think it is pretty easy if you know music.


2 comments:

  1. This one is Landslide by Stevie Nicks (unless it was written jointly by Fleetwood Mac, but I don't think so). It was also covered by the Smashing Pumpkins and the Dixie Chicks (and probably a bunch of other people). Sorry we couldn't get the last one. Another hint couldn't hurt though..... A & E.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was excellent. At first I thought it was "The Sound of Silence" for some reason, but then my brain worked. Good jorb.

    ReplyDelete