Friday, November 19, 2010

Name that Tune

I know that I suck at this blog. In an effort to be better about posting, I've decided to create a "name that tune" game. I have a few videos of short song clips I play on the guitar. Instead of telling you what it is, I'll leave it up to you to figure it out. You can post a guess as a comment, or just guess in your head. I'll tell you the answers eventually, but maybe not in the next post to give people who don't check this very often (because i never post) a chance to see it before reading the answer.

PS. this is being added after the original post. The song I play will always be an attempt to sound like the original, recorded version and may or may not be anything you've ever heard of. This first song is by a well known band and came out in 1984.

As far as my life.....I missed quilt club two months in a row. Once because I was moving and the second time because i forgot how to count. (thought the third thursday was only the second). I went back this last time and got registered again. (the new year starts in sept. there.) A really nice lady brought me some scrap fabric because she heard me saying how pathetic my stash is. It's nice because i've been working on a scrap project for a long time and was running out of usable scrap colors.

I had a crochet night with some ladies and work and we're thinking about trying to make it a somewhat more regular event. We will meet again in a couple weeks for another night of crocheting and visiting.

2 comments:

  1. So is this a popular song played in an original style, or is this a specific tune played as heard on the recorded version? Either way I am having trouble with it. Give me a hint and perhaps I will hazard a guess. Thanks! A.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fade to Black... good job :)

    (a correct guess as to who I am gets you lunch at the Wagon Wheel)

    ReplyDelete