Saturday, August 7, 2010

Bikeless

My motorcycle was acting up in the middle of July. It leaked gas and then the RMPs kicked up big time so it was idling at 2000-3000 which was ridiculous compared to the normal 1250 ish that it was at before. After a few weeks of that crap, I decided to take it in to get the carbs cleaned. They had a ton of trouble getting it to stop leaking and had to order some parts for it. They've had it for 10 days now. There was a chance I'd get it back today, but now it's raining so I can't get it anyway. I've been very annoyed and saddened by the whole situation. The riding season is winding down and I've missed ten days that I could have been riding. On the plus side, it should ride really well when I finally get it back.

Andy and I went camping last weekend in Albert Lea. It was a nice site, but a mile hike with all the gear was not very pleasant. The fishing was also terrible. 8 hours worth of fishing and 9 million bullhead later, and all we caught were two perch big enough to eat. We caught a variety of sizes of bullhead so I have one picture with a big one that Andy caught and another with a stupid bobber-sized one that I could. I hate them.

We wanted to go camping again this weekend, but the rain kept us home. Now we will probably be bums all weekend and not do anything exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment