Thursday, April 14, 2011

SOOOOO Neat.

You’ll never guess what I made. That’s right, a muumuu!! Ok, no. A purse. Imagine that. Annette is doing jewelry shoes and agreed to try to sell my purses at her shows. She is going to have a table set up at Ceylon days this weekend. The last three purses I showed photos of (including the ones in this post) will be for sale at the show. I don’t know if anyone will be interested enough to pay for them, but it will be neat to see. My friend Catherine was asking about how big the purses were so I put a dollar bill in the picture for a size reference. This purse is a little different since it has the pockets on the front, but the inside is the same as the others I've made. I think it's one of my favorite color combination, but you have to be a careful person if you want to keep the white/cream clean.

I was in Fairmont for Annette’s 50th birthday party last weekend. 50 is the new 30 in case you haven’t heard. It was a fun time. I ate several cookies and cheeseburgers. It was an all day grill out, and we hung out in the garage playing a bean bag toss game. I called it “toss across” and then got made fun of, but no one else came up with a neat name, so screw them. I decided to make Annette a bag for her b-day. She doesn’t know yet, so I hope she doesn’t read this first and ruin the surprise. It’s the same as the brown reusable bag I showed a few posts ago. For hers I put a piece of plastic stuff in the bottom to make it more sturdy. If my purses sell at all I might make more of the reusable bag things to try to sell too since they’d be something I could sell for a lot cheaper.

This weekend is the quilt show. I have never been to one, so I’m excited. I signed up to sit at the registration table for awhile to help out and then I’ll browse the show. I decided to skip on submitting anything for the show since it would be hard to make the drop off time and I kept forgetting to submit the form I was supposed to fill out and now it's basically too late. I guess I’m also nervous for people to see my stuff next to stuff made by people who knew what they were doing….

Someone finally guessed what the last name that tune was. Jack got it right with "Imagine" by John Lennon. This video is the last song I have recorded. If anyone says they want more, I'll keep doing it (if I can find more bits to learn), but otherwise I'm calling it quits. I think this one is easy so I"m not going to give any hints except for that it's another classic rock song. Good luck.

1 comment:

  1. You should have put a quilt in the show, I would have made an extra effort to come see it! Cute purses!

    ReplyDelete