Sunday, April 3, 2011

The PIT!


A few years ago my sister and her boyfriend moved in to a new house. Recently my sister learned that the house has a mysterious abyss in the basement. The place is really old and has an unfinished basement. In the corner of the basement is a mildly terrifying looking "door" which is actually just a wood slab covering a stairway. I found it odd that there was a second set of stairs in the basement that led "up" but "up" was really to nowhere.


When you go up the steps, there is a few feet of space and then the bottom of part of the house with a bunch of support beams. But the weird part is that the floor is broken up by a giant pit. It is about three feet wide and as long as the room (maybe 12-15 feet). It is maybe four or five feet deep and filled with a bunch of random stuff like pieces of mystery garbage and old tires. It is the perfect place to trap a small child for torturing and killing.

When Meg took me down there to show me, my first question was whether or not she was going to kill me. I tried to take some pictures to capture the terror factor. They look less scary then it was in person. My mom thinks that the pit might be an old coal storage area from back in the day when it was burned for heat. I'm still not entirely convinced that it isn't a torture chamber for children.

As far s name that tune. No one bothered to venture a guess as to the previous post, so I'm not going to tell you what it was or give you a new song. Jerks. I also only have one more video, so I want to wait a bit longer before I post it.

1 comment: