Saturday, March 27, 2010

One failed attempt

Last Saturday I decided to make my first attempt at drinking a 40. I hate beer (and malt liquor if you want to be picky). A lot. But apparently it's a taste that can be acquired by drinking a ton of it. I decided to document my progress through this attempt. Please note the excited look on my face at the start of the evening. I was very confident. Andy and I got a Mickeys and an Old English. I picked the one that tasted the most bearable--the Mickeys. Andy's theory regarding drinking 40's is the think of them in thirds. The first third should be chugged. The second is enjoyed. The third basically has to be forced down.

I'm not sure how this theory stands for other people, and since I haven't got one of my own, I decided to go for it. The first third was not great. The next photo in sequence is me as I made my way through the second third. As I'm sure you can see from the photo, my enthusiasm went down dramatically.

I won't go into great detail, but the evening ended about midway through the bottle. I couldn't force anymore down my throat. Eventually, what I drank forced it's way back up my throat along with the sandwich I had for supper...This was not photographed. The concluding photo show the failed first attempt ending just about exactly half way through the bottle.

On a completely unrelated topic, I started working on a puzzle with Andy. I think we started it last Wednesday and finished it sometime early this week. It was not the most attractive puzzle, but it had really neat shaped pieces and a pretty easy picture to give clues about where pieces should go. All in all, i think Andy put about one eight of it together and left the rest for me.














3 comments:

  1. Better luck next time. :(

    P.S. Nice Raglan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Big Surprise...I love that puzzle. Looks like a pretty easy one though!
    You know there are those of us that get by a whole lifetime without drinking a "40"!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant, I bet you hate malts and beer even more now. But I am happy you got such genuine nicole expressions in your pictures. :)

    -Big K

    ReplyDelete