Thursday, December 19, 2013

Homemade Xmas Goodies

I had a few request for gifts again this year. Annette wanted some more pillows. I made her a few in high school and some more last year. She like the fabric on them, so she wanted some more.She didn't give me any instructions on fabric colors, so she wound up with this.  I think they are kind of gaudy, but hopefully she won't. I blame my odd color selection on being at Joann Fabrics at 7am on a Saturday taking advantage of their holiday discounts. The third pillow (the one in the solo picture) is a little more toned down. I think the plaid fabric just got to be a bit too much.

The second request was for several pairs of slippers. I made a few in my normal way, which essentially just ends up looking like a big crocheted sock. But then I decided to try using a patter for ones I made for my grandma. I think they look kind of silly too, but as long as they fit an are warm I suppose they are doing their job.





No comments:

Post a Comment