Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Chairs and Pastries

 Last weekend I went to a fabric outlet in Burnsville with a friend from work. Ever since I got my dining room chairs three years ago, I've wanted to recover them. The fabric store had a lot of really nice upholstery fabric for pretty cheap, so I finally found some fabric and recovered the chairs.

The original fabric was very old school and not really in the greatest shape. There were a few different colors/patterns that I liked, but in the end I chose a simple brown. I don't really have a very decorated kitchen so I had nothing I needed to worry about matching, but I wanted to go with something fairly neutral. Hopefully when I get a real place someday the chairs will still fit in there.

I also made some super awesome scones a couple weekends ago. Really they weren't all that impressive, but they look neat and tasted ok, so I thought I'd also add a picture of them. If I ever make them again I think I will have to add more orange zest to kick up the flavor. They were a little more plain than I was hoping for.

No comments:

Post a Comment