Sunday, September 30, 2012

Running. Part 2?

So here is the update on the running situation. I ended up signing up for the 5k in the Mankato Marathon. I've been running about half as much as I was before my foot started bothering me. I have plantar faciitis. It's a lot better than it was when it first starting hurting, but I still can't run as much as I'd like. I ran 3.5 miles and at the very end my foot started to hurt. A couple days later I ran 5.5 and it was fine the whole time. A couple days after that I ran 3.5 and it hurt again. Then I ran 2.5 and it really hurt. Today I ran 3.5 and it was basically ok. I haven't figured out exactly if there is something in particular that makes it hurt during the run. I've run different routes with different shoes at different times with different amounts of rest time between the runs. I can't find any correlation, so I think I just need to keep doing the stretches the doc told me to do and take it easy. But I figured since I can run the distance, I might as well sign up for the 5k. Come cheer me on if you want. I don't anticipate finishing with any impressive time. I'm just doing it for fun. But a cheer squad would be neat.

In other news, my motorcycle is presenting me with another opportunity to learn how to fix something. A couple days ago my odometer and speedometer stopped working. I've done a little research, but haven't been able to pinpoint exactly what I will need to fix/replace to make it work again. In the meantime I don't really want to ride it because I want to keep the mileage on the odometer accurate. I'm not too worried about the speed limit stuff since I could just follow traffic and use the tachometer as a reference, but I'd really prefer to keep the mileage accurate for when I sell the bike and don't want to feel like I'm lying about how many miles are on it. Hopefully I can figure it out how to fix it without too much hassle or cost.

No comments:

Post a Comment