Monday, August 6, 2012

The Fam

This Friday I went golfing with my uncle Scott. I had a really fun time hanging out with him and I golfed really well considering how long it had been since I'd played. Afterwards we went out to eat at the Olive Garden and I had this magnificent breaded eggplant with spaghetti. I'm also playing a round with my aunt Mandy in Fairmont this week. I'm hoping I hit as well then as I did on Friday.

On Saturday I went to the wedding of a friend from work with some other people from work. It was in Winona so we had a bit of a drive to get there.  The wedding was outside, and despite raining beforehand, it turned out to be a great day for it.  We stayed for the reception, but headed back early since we had a 2.5 hour drive home.

On Sunday I headed down to Fairmont to help celebrate my dad and Annette's 10 year anniversary and to see my grandparents. They live in the Quad Cities in Iowa so I don't get to see them very often.

I rode my motorcycle down and we grilled burgers and brats and ate on the deck. We spent the afternoon catching up on each others' lives and took the boat out on the lake. We stayed out until nearly 7, so when we got back to my dad's house I had to stuff my face with supper and head back up to Mankato so I wouldn't have to ride in the dark. The ride home was fantastic. All in all I was one of the best weekends I've had so far this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment