Monday, April 16, 2012

The New Place 2.0


Last Thursday I (sort of) officially had my kitchen finished. They started the install on Monday and had a bunch of issues with it. So the installation that was supposed to only take two days ended up taking 4. The electrician still needed to come in to put an up to code electrical plate in on the sockets, and the jerks didn't clean up their sawdust mess, so I had to do that. But I think it's all done now. The only other things I need to complete my home are the closet doors whose eta is unknown, and a toilet paper holder for the cabinet in the bathroom.

It's been so nice to finally be able to cook normal meals, do the dishes in a real sink, and not have to dig through boxes to find a fork or tupperware.. I've already made bread and granola, and I might make some cookies soon too.

In other good news, my motorcycle is fixed. It has actually been done for a few weeks. I just haven't written about it yet. I got it all put back together and have taken it out a couple times. It seems to run really well and doesn't have the power issues and topping out crap that it was doing before. So apparently my attempt at being a mechanic worked out well which was a nice boost for the ego.

No comments:

Post a Comment