Sunday, March 25, 2012

The Retreat

Last weekend I went on my very first quilt retreat. I was invited by Jan whom I have various odd connections to. There were fourteen of us total and the retreat was held in a renovated church in Granada. I was a little nervous because I'd never been on a retreat and didn't know most of the people there, but I ended up having a really good time.

One of the ladies there was actually and old high school teacher and another was the wife of a high school teacher. We had a lot of really good food, fun conversations, and a lot of sewing. There was even a st patrick's day visit to the local water hole where a fellow quilter bought me a beer.

I worked a lot on a quilt and got a decent portion of it done. I'm not sure how big I want to make it and since i'm about to move, it's sitting in quilt limbo. There is one spot where I messed up that pattern laying the pieces out, but I fixed when I sewed it all together.

Regarding the moving....yes, I'm moving....again. There is a whole story involved, but the cliff's notes version is that Andy is an asshole, we broke up, and I'm moving into a one bedroom apartment. I'll post some pictures once I get settled and share some info about an annoying situation regarding the place I'm moving into, but that will have to wait for another day.

1 comment:

  1. :( Assholes suck. I may be coming down to Mankato this weekend. I'll give you a call and maybe we can go get a drink or something if you're free...

    -Emily

    ReplyDelete