Monday, December 26, 2011

Fat Quarter Challenge 2012


For my quilt guild's fat quarter challenge, we were given a piece of black fabric and told that we had to incorporate words into the quilt. My aunt told me about word play quilts and after looking at a few, I designed this. I made up blocks for all the letters (it was nice because I could use the same block for the E's, W, and M). The requirements for the black fabric are that you have to use at least one square inch on the front of your quilt. I totally forgot about that part when I stared picking colors. Then I thought I was screwed because I had no clue what I could add that would include black without looking ridiculous. Then it came to me: BUTTERFLY!! I think it worked out well because it evens out the top and bottom of the quilt and can be the hyphen between the wel and come.

I had one other idea, but I'm not sure if I will pursue it yet. But at least I have something to present this challenge that i'm pretty proud of.

No comments:

Post a Comment